Call for proposals: Student/postdoc-run speaker series in the neurosciences
• Invite world leading speakers covering the subject of your choice
• Network with the speakers
• Network with fellow students/postdocs to jointly run this series
• Receive a budget, initially for 5 international speakers (covering flights, accommodation and
event catering), and administrative support
• Up to 5 applicant groups will be selected
• Any group of students or postdocs affiliated with Berlin neuroscience labs can apply. The group
has to consist of members from at least 3 labs (with no lab providing more than half of the
participants). At least one group must be associated with the ECN.
• Any neuroscience-related subject, narrow or broad, is permitted as long as it is of interest to at
least 3 labs (as indicated by student group membership).
• Events can take place on any Berlin science campus
• PIs are not eligible to apply
• Title of the talk series
• ~3-5 sentence summary of the subject
• Expected audience (which Berlin labs might be interested in this) with brief explanation of why
they would be interested
• List of organising team members (with lab association)
• Tentative list of potential speakers (does not need to be final, and please do not ask them yet,
this is just to give us an idea of whom you would invite. In your list of speakers, please take
gender and other diversity dimensions into account)
• Applicant groups that participated in last year’s call should submit an additional half page
summary (what went well / not so well? how will this year be different?)
E-Mail your application as a PDF-file to email@example.com
DEADLINE: February 22, 2024
An ECN initiative, supported by NeuroCure.
Download the flyer here.