If you need urgent medical help, please call 112 or visit the closest emergency department.
In case of a crisis:
- The social psychiatric service of Berlin (Sozialpsychiatrische Dienste) offers support in all districts of Berlin from Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 16:00. Find the closest center to you here!
- Berlin Krisendienst offers phone support 24/7. You can also visit their centers without an appointment on weekdays from 16:00 – 24:00 and during weekends and holidays from 08:00 – 16:00. Find the closest center to you here!
For non-acute cases:
There are multiple places where students can seek psychotherapy or social counseling. Here is a list of services that you can approach, based on your affiliations:
- Charité services:
- Psychological counselling service of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Psychological counselling service of the Freie Universität Berlin
- Studentenwerk psychological-psychotherapeutic counseling
If you are looking for a psychotherapist, you might look at our guide for psychotherapy through public health insurance. Besides, you can use the therapist directory from The Associationof Counselors & Therapists (ACT Berlin), which provides the contact information of many therapists in Berlin.
To learn more about mental health in general and for PhD students in particular, please refer to our list of resources, and follow us on our social media accounts.