About the Einstein Foundation Berlin
The ECN is funded by the Einstein Foundation Berlin, a foundation that aims to promote science and research of top international caliber in Berlin and to establish the city as a centre of scientiﬁc excellence.
The Einstein Foundation Berlin was founded in 2009 by the State of Berlin.
An independent scientiﬁc commission of the highest standard selects projects for funding.
- To promote excellent cross-institutional research projects in Berlin.
- To raise the visibility of Berlin as a center of research excellence.
- To enable new forms of cooperatione between universities and non-universtity research institutions
- To evaluate new fields of research, to give strategic advice on identifying focuses of future research
- to encourage top international scientists to collaborate with Berlin institutions
For more information please visit: www.einsteinfoundation.de